All Vinson Teams are on a weather hold

The word we just heard from Punta Arenas is that the Ilushyn aircraft will probably not fly tomorrow morning as planned.  Two things are affecting the plane’s ability to transport our December 26 team to the Ice and return with our December 15th team.  First, the winds at Union Glacier are forecasted to be just strong enough to be an issue, and secondly, the ambient temperature at Union Glacier has been a bit too warm for the plane to land.

The final decision might not happen until morning, but the teams have been warned not to be too optimistic about flying tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for cold, calm weather!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.