Another Day of Wind and Snow

If wishing could change the weather, our teams at Camp 3 would be moving up to high camp today, but unfortunately the weather isn’t so cooperative.  It was another day of wind up high and snow, but things began to settle down as the day wore on leaving them with some hope of moving up in the improving conditions tomorrow.  It’s been 10 days now for these guys at Camp 3 and they are getting towards the end of their days on their schedule, so they are really hoping for a chance to get up higher on the mountain.   It isn’t totally un heard of to have storms on Denali that keep climbers off of the upper mountain for a week or more at a time, but this storm is certainly wearing out it’s welcome up there.   The forecast is still calling for improvement tomorrow so let’s all hope they get a chance to get up the mountain!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.