Well, they say that one thing you can count on with the weather is that it will always change. The stormy, snowy weather that has taken up residence over much of the Alaska Range has released its icy hold and planes are flying! All of our teams that have been stuck at Base Camp are flying to Talkeetna, and those enjoying the rainy days of late in Talkeetna are headed to the glacier.
Teams flying off the glacier are:
- May 22 West Buttress Team
- UAE #2 Team (+ the remaining UAE #1 climbers John Doyle and Hashel Al Tunaji)
- Constantine Severis from our West Rib Team
Teams flying onto the glacier are:
- June 8 Private team led by Sebastian Grau
- June 9 Gigi’s Legacy Team
- June 9 Private Team led by Eric Larson
This has been a lengthy stretch of rough weather and I’m certain every climber involved is happy to be in motion, one direction or the other!