June 17th Team at 7,800 ft/Camp 1

They are working their way down the mountain, but once again the weather isn’t cooperating with the climbers, and they are at 7,800 ft waiting for the snow to stop before continuing to base camp.  They descended to Camp 1 late last night, and set up tents as the snowfall intensity picked up.  It continued to snow and over 2 feet accumulated overnight and continuing this morning.  They’ll wait until the visibility improves and snowfall slows before making their way down the glacier the last 5 miles to base camp.  Everyone is doing fine, but they are looking forward to getting down to a warm bed and a shower.   The forecast is looking better for tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.