June 17th Team On The Way Down

The weather remained un cooperative up high on Denali over the last few days, and with a continued forecast of high winds the team made the decision to descend late yesterday.  They spent last night at Camp 3 at 14,000 ft and plan to continue their descent towards base camp after breakfast this morning.

Cason is considering sticking around and joining one of the other Mountain Trip teams at Camp 3 who are still heading up the mountain.  We’ll let you know if that works out.

The team put in a ton of effort to get up to high camp, and while they are certainly disappointed and frustrated by the weather, they should be proud of their accomplishment up there.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.