May 20 team- resting today, traveling tonight (maybe)

The May 20 expedition took the day at the 14,200′ camp to rest up and prepare for the descent to basecamp.  They will leave sometime tonight to take advantage of colder temperatures on the lower glacier, which can sport soft snow during the heat of the day which can make travel much more difficult.  The weather in the range is a little iffy right now, so if condtions aren’t right the team will wait it out at 14.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.